We’re excited to announce the release of Drive client 0.6 version. In this version we added two long awaited improvements: file and folder sync status overlay icons; and sync error notifications. Some syncing bugs are also fixed to make this version more reliable.
You can see the overlay icons in Windows file explorer as in the screenshot below.
A file or folder can be in a few states:
- Cloud-only (with a “cloud” icon): files or folders not downloaded to local computer yet. Only file name, size and last modification date are available.
- Synced (white tick with green background): Files or folders are completely synced to local computer. You can access them when offline.
- Partially synced (green tick with white background): Only appears on folders. This means some files or folders inside the folder are downloaded.
- Syncing: files or folders are being uploaded or downloaded.
A problem in the previous versions of SeaDrive is that there is no way for the users to know whether there is an error in syncing. In this new version, errors are communicated to the users in a few ways:
- Whenever a sync or network error is detected, a disclaimer (“!”) will be displayed on the system tray icon.
- When the client detects the server is disconnected, a notification will be popped up.
- When the client encounters an error in syncing, a notification will be popped up. And you the users can see all sync errors by right clicking the system tray icon and choose “view file sync errors”.
We hope you like this new version. Feedbacks are welcomed!